Due to the manifold advantages of the joining process adhesive bonding, it is impossible to imagine everyday life without adhesives. With their numerous applications in a wide variety of industries, they have become virtually indispensable for today's modern life. Many products would not be possible in their present form without adhesives. TITK is a competent partner in the analysis, development and modification of adhesives.
Development and modification of hot melt and pressure sensitive adhesive systems
- on the basis of EVA, PO, SBC
- based on PLA, PBS, PCL, PHA (biobased and/or biodegradable)
Development and modification of epoxy resin systems
- thermally conductive, electrically conductive, flexibilizing, etc.
- different viscosities, thixotropy
Other adhesive systems on request
- solvent adhesives
- water-based dispersion adhesives
- other reactive adhesives: PUR, acrylates
- Rheometry (plate/plate, cone/plate rheometer): viscosity, loss factor, etc.
- Thermal analysis (DSC, TGA): transition temperatures, degree of crystallization, kinetics, filler content, etc.
- Thermomechanical analysis (DMA): glass transition temperature, viscoelastic material properties
- Mechanical testing (universal testing machine): tensile shear strength, peel test, bending properties
- Weathering resistance (xenon test chamber): resistance at elevated temperature, humidity, solar radiation
- Chemical resistance: acids, bases, solvents, etc.
- Surface analyses (FTIR, AFM, SEM): material, structural
- Material properties: Density, pH, hardness, etc.
- Twin-screw extruder
- Melt agitator: for formulating hotmelt and pressure sensitive adhesives
- Vacuum dissolver: for formulating highly viscous or highly filled adhesives, such as epoxy resins
- Laboratory reactor: for formulating low-viscosity adhesives, such as solventborne and dispersion adhesives
Pilot plant scale
- Twin screw extruder
- Counterpressure pelletizing, also for particle foam
- 1 l, 5 l and 20 l stainless steel pressure reactors
- Pressures up to 20 bar, temperatures up to 250°C
- Variable agitator geometries for different adhesive types
- Hotmelt adhesive laminating system: two-layer bonding from roll to roll via slot die coating