The activities of the TITK (since 2007) in the field of EC modules include:
- Synthesis and electro-optical characterisation of electrochromic polymers.
- Development of ion storage layers (e.g. TiO2-CeO2), complementary EC polymers
- Development of solid electrolytes based on ionic liquids
- Manufacturing technologies for EC modules
Priorities and results achieved:
- Coating processes of EC polymer, ion storage layer and electrolyte systems (spin coating, doctor blade technology, ink jet printing, spray, RzR).
- Up-scaling of the individual components of the EC modules and manufacturing technologies on glass and flexible substrates (previously 400 cm2)
- flexible curved transparent EC modules
- UV resistance and long-term stability of the EC effect in a wide temperature range (long-term stability at RT: >10,000 cycles, EC contrast Δ%T: >50 (colourless / blue), EC efficiency (η): 300-800 cm2/C)
- Switching speed between two colour states 5 to 30 sec
- Wide colour range of EC modules (colourless / orange / blue, colourless / blue, yellow / brown / greyish blue, wine red / greyish purple / blue, wine red / dark purple