Research institute for polymer functional and engineering materials
We have decades of experience in the development, production and processing of polymers - including subsequent modification, functionalization and shaping. In this way, we develop innovative starting materials or complete manufacturing processes for automotive components, packaging materials, biotechnology and medical technology, energy technology, micro- and nanotechnology, and lifestyle products.
Our Core Competences are:
Scientists at the Thuringian Institute for Textile and Plastics Research (TITK) work in the following areas:
- Direct dissolution and dry-wet forming of synthetic and natural polymers
- Polysaccharides, proteins, PAN, selected reactive resins, polymer blends and processing technologies
- Characterisation of polymers and polymer solutions
- Development of innovative fibers, nonwovens and adhesives as well as reactive foams
- Chemical and physical modification of polymers in homogeneous phase
- Technology and process transfer
Polymer diversity in the image film of the TITK
In cooperation with the company fmp works from Neustadt/Orla the image film of the TITK was created.
In it, we present a few examples of the services of our department of textile and material research for the automotive industry.
You would like to have a look? Then please click here!