The numerous plastics now available on the market that are produced using renewable raw materials (bioplastics) display a broad range of characteristics. There are, however, certain drawbacks thewhich restrict a wide-scale use of such materials in long-lasting applications – for example, in housings for electric devices, or in automobiles.
The TITK develops solutions that largely eliminate such disadvantages.
Measures here include:
- Improving fire resistance through the incorporation of selected flame retardant additives
- Adjustments to mechanical and thermo-mechanical profiles through fibre reinforcements
- Improvements to light and UV-fastness through the use of appropriate stabilisers
- Implementation of various colour effects with bio-based or photochromic pigments and dyes
The equipment available at TITK technical centres and labs enables a rapid and comprehensive analysis of each task to be performed.
- KMH 60 S pre-plasticising machine
- Laboratory presses up to a plate size of 900 x 600 mm with 2000 kN clamping force
- Arburg 520 C - 2000 - 675 injection moulding machine (screw diameter: 60 mm)
- Arbug 270 C – 300-100 injection moulding machine (srew diameter: 30 mm)
- Gravimix FGB 2 - 4 / 1 S dosing-mixing system for gravimetric dosing of up to five different components
- LFT-D system for direct incorporation of reinforcement fibre into polymer melts for flow moulding processes
- Needle-punching line with a working width of up to 60 cm
- Devices machine for manufacturing long fibre-reinforced granules used for processing in injection molding, extrusion, and plastic pressing units
- Thermoforming machine
- SAPROMAT® E respirometer for determining biodegradability