Specialised processes - Fiber-Blow-Molding
The implementation of lightweight solutions by stress-related component design and efficient use of materials is gaining increasing importance in the industry. Here, the Fiber-Blow-Molding technology, wherein the fiber material is blown directly into a shaping tool and then pressed, offers an interesting approach.
At the TITK, developments are run for the qualification of a new process chain which allows resource-saving production of fiber reinforced plastics using the 3D Fiber-Blow-Molding technology.
The main advantages of this method compared to the molding process based on fiber mats are:
- nearly waste-free component production
- production of various wall thicknesses possible
- load-oriented dimensioning feasible
- different fiber materials usable
The method comprises only few process steps and offers a wide range of possibilities with respect to the fiber use and the component geometry which can be produced.
Fiber-Blow-Molding plant for the direct processing of different fiber materials consisting of:
- 2 dosing units for opening and feeding fibers for the blowing process
- blow-molding station with blowing-tool and various injection nozzles
- sliding table for the transfer of the tool to the press
- compression station with a working area of 2.20 x 1.50 m and 2,000 kN pressing force