Examination of polymerisation possibilities for polyamides, polyester, polycarbonates and biopolymers
The TITK has many decades of experience in industrially established processes for the polymerisation and co-polymerisation of polyamides and polyesters.
The institute’s studies include work on polymerisation of homo and co-polymers on the basis of polyamide6, polyamide66 and polyesters(PET, PEN, PC) as well as analyses that address the incorporation of certain functional additives (submicron and nanoscale materials such as TiO2, ZnO, carbon nanotubes, layered silicates, IR absorbers) during the polymerisation process. Extensive tests of catalysts have been conducted in the past and continue to be carried out on behalf of industrial customers and within the framework of research contracts. The institute has a wealth of experience in in-situ incorporation of reactive and non-reactive flame-retardant monomers into polyamides and polyesters.
- 2-litre autoclave for polyester polycondensation
- 10-litre autoclave for polyester polycondensation
- 5-litre autoclave for polyamide polymerisation
- 10-litre autoclave for polyamide polymerisation
- Synthesis line 10…50kg/h throughput (continuous and discontinuous polyethylene terephthalate production ) based on terephthalic acid
- 2-litre autoclave for manufacturing polycarbonates
- 10-litre (projected 20-litre) autoclave for manufacturing polyacrylonitrile (PAN) from acrylonitrile
- Wet- grinding mill for producing submicron suspensions of additives in caprolactam or caprolactam-water mixtures, as well as in ethylene glycol
- Particle-size measurement of submicron and nanoscale particle suspensions (Horiba CAPA-700 particle centrifuge for the 10 – 10000 nm range; Horiba LB 520 laser diffraction measuring device for the 1 - 6000 nm particle range)